[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Call for Papers -YSTS V - Security Conference, Brazil
Hello Bugtraq readers, the CFP for YSTS V is now open!
YSTS 5th Edition
Sao Paulo, Brazil
May 16th, 2011
Call for Papers Opens: November 1st 2010
Call for Papers Close: February 28th 2011
Following the success of previous editions, the 5th edition of the you
Sh0t the Sheriff security conference will happen on May, 16th, 2011 in
Sao Paulo, Brazil. This is your chance to speak about that cool
research you’ve been working on, to those whom matter in the Brazilian
Information Security realm.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
you Sh0t the Sheriff is a very unique, one-day, event dedicated to
bringing cutting edge talks to the top-notch professionals of the
Information Security Community in Brazil.
The conference’s main goal is to bring the attendees to the most
up-to-date state of the information security world by mixing
professionals and topics from different Infosec segments of the
yStS is a very exclusive, mostly invite-only security con. Getting a
talk accepted, will, not only get you to the event, but after you
successfully present your talk, you will receive a challenge-coin that
guarantees your entry to yStS for as long as the conference exists.
Due to the great success of the previous years' editions, yes, we're
keeping the same
* YSTS 5 will be held at an almost secret location only announced to whom
it may concern a couple of weeks before the con
* the venue will be, most likely, a club or a bar
* cool environment to network with great security folks from Brazil and abroad
* since it’s a 1 day con with tons of talks, we provide coffee, lunch
and an open-bar in the afternoon
Anything Information Security related is interesting for the
conference, although we do not accept commercial/ product-related
Just in case you need some ideas, some of the stuff that would be
interesting to us are:
* Operating Systems
* Career and Management topics
* Mobile Devices/Embedded Systems
* Information Security Audit and Control
* Social Networking and Search Engine Hacks & Threats
* Information Security Policies
* Messing with Network Protocols
* Security from layer 1 through 7
* 802.11 Wireless and any RF related stuff for that matter
* Incident Response & other applicable (and useful) Infosec Policies
* Information Warfare
* Secure Programming
* Hacker Spaces
* Application and Protocol Fuzzing
* Physical Security
* Webapp Security
* DataBase Security
* "the" Cloud
* System Weaknesses
* Infrastructure and Critical Systems
* Social Engineering
* Reverse Engineering
* Social Reverse Engineering
* Reversing Social Engineering
* Caipirinha and Feijoada Hacks
* and everything else information security related that our attendees
We do like shorter talks, so, please submit your talks and remember
they must be 30 minutes long. (yes, we do strictly enforce that)
We’re also opened to some 15-minute talks, some of the smart people
around might not need 30 minutes to deliver a message, or it might be
a project that has been just kicked-off.
15 minutes might be your thing and that's nothing to be ashamed about.
you Sh0t the Sheriff is the perfect conference to release your new
projects, trust us, other people have released cool stuff before they
presented it at the big cons.
And yes, we do prefer new hot-topics and, yes, "first-time" speakers
are more than welcome.
If you got good stuff to speak about, that's all that matters.
(and, that applies only to the 30 minute-long talks)
* USD 1,000.00 to help covering travel expenses for international speakers
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference
* Pre-and-post-conference official party (and the unofficial ones as well)
* Auditing products in traditional Brazilian barbecue restaurants
* Life-time free admission for all future yStS conferences (yes, if you 've
spoken before at yStS, you have your free-entry guaranteed, just buy us a
beer, ohh, wait, it's free anyways, isn't it?)
CFP IMPORTANT INFO
Each paper submission must include the following information:
* Name, title, address, email and phone/contact number
* Short biography and qualification
* Speaking experience
* Do you need or have a visa to come to Brasil?
* Summary or abstract for your presentation
* is it a 30 minute or a 15 minute talk?
* Technical requirements (others than LCD Projector)
* Other publications or conferences where this material has been or
will be published/submitted.
VERY IMPORTANT DATES
Final CFP Submission - February 28th, 2011
Final Notification of Acceptance - March 20th, 2011
Final Material Submission for accepted presentations - May 5th, 2011
All submissions must be sent via email, in text format only to: cfp/at/ysts.org
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Paper Submissions: cfp/at/ysts.org
General Inquiries: b0ard/at/ysts.org
Sponsorship Inquiries: sponsors/at/ysts.org
video channel http://ysts.blip.tv/
official twitter hashtag #ysts
We hope to see you there!
Luiz Eduardo & Nelson Murilo & Willian Caprino