[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Call for Papers -YSTS 6 - Security Conference, Brazil
YSTS 6th Edition
Sao Paulo, Brazil
May 7th, 2012
Call for Papers Opens: December 10th 2012
Call for Papers Close: February 26th 2012
After 5 very successful editions we are off to the 6th edition of the
you Sh0t the Sheriff security conference and we are sending this off
so you send us the coolest stuff you've been working on.
The conference will happening on May, 7th, 2012 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
This is your chance to speak about that cool research you’ve been
working on, to those whom matter in the Brazilian Information Security
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
you Sh0t the Sheriff is a very unique, one-day, event dedicated to
bringing cutting edge talks to the top-notch professionals of the
Information Security Community in Brazil.
The conference’s main goal is to bring the attendees to the most
up-to-date state of the information security world by mixing
professionals and topics from different Infosec segments of the
yStS is a very exclusive, mostly invite-only security con. Getting a
talk accepted, will, not only get you to the event, but after you
successfully present your talk, you will receive a challenge-coin that
guarantees your entry to yStS for as long as the conference exists.
Due to the great success of the previous years' editions, yes, we're
keeping the same
* YSTS 6 will be held at an almost secret location only announced to whom
it may concern a couple of weeks before the con
* the venue will be, most likely, a very cool club or a bar
(seriously, see pictures)
* appropriate environment to network with great security folks from
Brazil and abroad
* since it’s a 1 day con with tons of talks, we provide to everyone
coffee, lunch and booze
Anything Information Security related is interesting for the
conference, although we strictly do not accept commercial/
product-related pitches. Keep in mind though, this is a one-day
conference, we receive a lot of submissions, so please do your best in
sending new / coolest research.
Just in case you need some ideas, some of the topics in security that
could be interesting to us:
* Mobile Devices
* Social Netwoking Threats
* Embedded Systems
* Social Networking and Client-Side Techniques
* Red Team Techniques
* Inside Jobs Detection/ Techniques
* Operating Systems
* Career & Management topics
* (cool and useful) Information Security Policies
* Privacy in the Digital World
* Messing with Network Protocols
* 802.11 Wireless and any RF related stuff for that matter
* Incident Response Stories and Policies
* Information Warfare
* Malware/ Botnets
* DDoS Evolution or Stories
* Secure Programming
* Hacker Culture
* Application Security
* DataBase Security
* "the" Cloud
* System Weaknesses
* Infrastructure and Critical Systems
* Reverse Engineering
* Social Reverse Engineering
* Reversing Social Engineering
* Caipirinha and Feijoada Hacks
* and everything else information security related that our attendees
would enjoy, the coolest/ different/ most creative submissions win,
keep that in mind!
We do like shorter talks, so, please submit your talks and remember
they must be 30 minutes long. (yes, we do strictly enforce that)
We’re also opened to some 15-minute talks, some of the smart people
around might not need 30 minutes to deliver a message, or it might be
a project that has been just kicked-off.
15 minutes might be your thing and that's nothing to be ashamed about.
you Sh0t the Sheriff is the perfect conference to release your new
projects, other people have released very cool research before they
presented it at the bigger cons.
And yes, we do prefer new hot-topics and, yes, "first-time" speakers
are more than welcome.
If you got good stuff to speak about, that's all that matters.
(and, that applies only to the 30 minute-long talks)
* USD 1,000.00 to help covering travel expenses for international speakers
* Breakfast, lunch and dinner during conference
* Pre-and-post-conference official party (and the unofficial ones as well)
* Auditing products in traditional Brazilian barbecue restaurants
* Life-time free admission for all future yStS conferences (yes, if you 've
spoken before at yStS, you have your free-entry guaranteed, just buy us a
beer, ohh, wait, it's free anyways, isn't it?)
CFP IMPORTANT INFO (aka: what do we need from you)
Each paper submission must include the following information:
* Abstract/ Presentation Title
* Summary or abstract for your presentation
* Your Name, company/title, address, email and phone/contact number
* Short biography and qualification
* Speaking experience
* Do you need or have a visa to come to Brasil?
* is it a 30 minute or a 15 minute talk?
* Technical requirements (others than LCD Projector)
* Other publications or conferences where this material has been or
will be published/submitted.
VERY IMPORTANT DATES
Final CFP Submission - February 26th, 2012
Final Notification of Acceptance - March 26th, 2012
Final Material Submission for accepted presentations - May 3rd, 2012
All submissions must be sent via email, in text format only to: cfp/at/ysts.org
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
Paper Submissions: cfp/at/ysts.org
General Inquiries: b0ard/at/ysts.org
Sponsorship Inquiries: sponsors/at/ysts.org
YSTS 5 video clip http://tinyurl.com/ysts5clip
pictures of last con http://tinnyurl.com/ysts5pix1
video channel http://ysts.blip.tv/
official twitter hashtag #ystscon
We hope to see you there!
Luiz Eduardo & Nelson Murilo & Willian Caprino