[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Open-Realty CMS 2.5.8 (2.x.x) <= "select_users_template" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bugtraq <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, secalert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vuln <vuln@xxxxxxxxxxx>, vuln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, moderators@xxxxxxxxx, submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, submit@xxxxxxxxxxxx, oss-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Open-Realty CMS 2.5.8 (2.x.x) <= "select_users_template" Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 00:03:35 +0800
- Authentication-results: mr.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of lists@xxxxxxxx designates 10.182.174.101 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=lists@xxxxxxxx
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
Open-Realty 2.5.8 and lower versions are vulnerable to Local File Inclusion.
Open-Realty is the world's leading real estate listing marketing and
management CMS application, and has enjoyed being the real estate web
site software of choice for professional web site developers since
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
Open-Realty contains a flaw that may allow a remote attacker to
execute arbitrary commands or code. The issue is due to the
'index.php' script not properly sanitizing user input, specifically
directory traversal style attacks (e.g., ../../) supplied to the
'select_users_template' parameter. This may allow an attacker to
include a file from the targeted host that contains arbitrary commands
or code that will be executed by the vulnerable script. Such attacks
are limited due to the script only calling files already on the target
host. In addition, this flaw can potentially be used to disclose the
contents of any file on the system accessible by the web server.
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
2.5.8 (2.x.x) <=
The version 2.5.x version family is no longer maintained by the vendor.
The version 3.x.x is not found to be vulnerable to this issue. Upgrade
to the latest 3.x.x version.
Transparent Technologies Inc.
Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2012-03-05: Open-Realty 2.5.8 in End-of-Support/Maintenance circle
2012-03-05: Vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL:
Open-Realty Home Page: http://www.open-realty.org/
CWE-98: Improper Control of Filename for Include/Require Statement in
PHP Program ('PHP File Inclusion')
CAPEC-252: PHP Local File Inclusion