[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ocPortal 7.1.5 <= | Open URL Redirection Vulnerability
- To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bugtraq <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, secalert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vuln <vuln@xxxxxxxxxxx>, vuln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, moderators@xxxxxxxxx, submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, oss-security@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: ocPortal 7.1.5 <= | Open URL Redirection Vulnerability
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 03:07:40 +0800
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
ocPoral CMS 7.1.5 and lower versions are vulnerable to Open URL Redirection.
ocPortal is the website Content Management System (a CMS) for building
and maintaining a dynamic website. ocPortal's powerful feature-set
means there's always a way to accomplish your vision. Not only does
ocPortal's CMS have all the features you'd expect: for instance photo
galleries, news, file downloads and community forums/chats, but it
does so whilst meeting the highest accessibility and professional
standards. It is also smart enough to go beyond page management, to
automatically handle search engine optimisation, and provide
aggressive hack attack prevention.
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
ocPoral CMS 7.1.5 and lower versions contain a flaw that allows a
remote cross site redirection attack. This flaw exists because the
application does not properly sanitise the "redirect" parameter. This
allows an attacker to create a specially crafted URL, that if clicked,
would redirect a victim from the intended legitimate web site to an
arbitrary web site of the attacker's choice.
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
Tested on 7.1.5
Upgrade to the latest version.
ocPortal Development Team
Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2012-03-06: notified vendor
2012-03-21: patched version,7.1.6, released
2012-07-29: vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL: