[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CubeCart 4.4.6 and lower | Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- To: full-disclosure <full-disclosure@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bugtraq <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, secalert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, vuln <vuln@xxxxxxxxxxx>, vuln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, news@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, moderators@xxxxxxxxx, submissions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, submit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: CubeCart 4.4.6 and lower | Local File Inclusion Vulnerability
- From: YGN Ethical Hacker Group <lists@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 17:11:21 +0800
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
CubeCart 4.4.6 and lower versions are vulnerable to Local File Inclusion.
CubeCart is an "out of the box" ecommerce shopping cart software
solution which has been written to run on servers that have PHP &
MySQL support. With CubeCart you can quickly setup a powerful online
store which can be used to sell digital or tangible products to new
and existing customers all over the world.
3. VULNERABILITY DESCRIPTION
CubeCart 4.4.6 and lower versions contain a flaw that may allow a
remote attacker to execute arbitrary commands or code. The issue is
due to the '/admin.php' script not properly sanitizing user input,
specifically directory traversal style attacks (e.g., ../../) supplied
to the 'loc' parameter. This may allow an attacker to include a file
from the targeted host that contains arbitrary commands or code that
will be executed by the vulnerable script. Such attacks are limited
due to the script only calling files already on the target host. In
addition, this flaw can potentially be used to disclose the contents
of any file on the system accessible by the web server.
4. VERSIONS AFFECTED
4.4.6 and lower
5. Affected URL and Parameter
/admin.php (loc parameter)
The CubeCart 4.x version family is no longer maintained by the vendor.
Upgrade to the currently supported latest CubeCart version - 5.x.
CubeCart Development Team
Aung Khant, http://yehg.net, YGN Ethical Hacker Group, Myanmar.
9. DISCLOSURE TIME-LINE
2012-12-22: CubeCart 4.x in End-of-Support/Maintenance circle
2012-12-24: Vulnerability disclosed
Original Advisory URL:
CubeCart Home Page: http://cubecart.com/
CubeCart Bug-Fix Announcement:
CubeCart4 End-of-Life Announcement:
YGN Ethical Hacker Group
Our Lab | http://yehg.net/lab
Our Directory | http://yehg.net/hwd