[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Meet the folks of ws-attacker, BeEF, WAHH, sqlmap, Zed Attack Proxy, OWASP Top10, DOMinator, Minion, Mallodroid, and the inglorious bastards aka HackPra Allstars
- To: bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Meet the folks of ws-attacker, BeEF, WAHH, sqlmap, Zed Attack Proxy, OWASP Top10, DOMinator, Minion, Mallodroid, and the inglorious bastards aka HackPra Allstars
- From: Dirk Wetter <dirk.wetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:15:24 +0200
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20130620 Thunderbird/17.0.7
... at this year's OWASP AppSec Research 2013 (https://appsec.eu/) , which takes place in less than 4 weeks in Hamburg.
A: Awesome trainings (https://appsec.eu/trainings/)
of breaking and defending and last but not least satisfying the signs of time: Mobile!
Important: Trainers with outstanding international reputation! Highlights:
* Marcus Pinto (WAHH): MDSec’s Web Application Hacker’s Handbook, Live Edition
* Hawaiian Jim Manico, Irishman Eoin Keary: Web Application, Web Service and Mobile Secure Coding
* Dave Wichers (Project Lead OWASP Top 10): Securing Mobile Devices and Applications
* Mobile stuff: Mobile Application Hacking and Security — OWASP Top 10 Way by Hemil Shah
* Big stuff: SAP ABAP Pentesting from Frederik Weidemann
* Solid stuff: Paco Hope (author of "web seurity testing book"): Defensive Programming in PHP
* Solid stuff II: Christian Schneider: Java Web Hacking & Hardening
* Go-away stuff: Christian Bockermann (AuditConsole) teaches ModSecurity in depth
B: Exciting conference program highlights, 2 days, 3 tracks (http://sched.appsec.eu/)
* David Ross (Master mind of the XSS filter in IE8+): insane in the IFRAME
* Yvan Boily (Mozilla): new testing framework Minion
* Taras Ivashchenko (Yandex): CSP on a service with an audience more than 11 million users per week
* Chris Eng: Real‐World Agile SDLC, not kidding
* Simon Bennetts (Mozilla/OWASP): What's new in OWASP Zed Attack Proxy
* Jim Manico (WhiteHat/OWASP): Top 10 Proactive Controls for Developers
* Dave Wichers (Aspect/OWASP): OWASP Top 10 – 2013
* Milton Smith (Product Security Manager for Java platform products @ Oracle) explains howto
"Make the Future Secure with Java:
* Krzysztof Kotowicz (PRISM .. err .. Amazon 1 Button Chrome Extension):
I'm in ur browser, pwning your stuff - Attacking (with) Google Chrome extensions
* Michele Orrù, Sardinian: Rooting your internals: Inter-Protocol Exploitation, custom shellcode and BeEF
* Paul Stone: Precision Timing – Attacking browser privacy with SVG and CSS
* Gareth Heyes, Scottish Highlander, will present an array of so far unpublished XSS attack techniques
in his XSS Horror Show
that break each and every HTML filter and shows buggy browsers
* Fun w/ Broken SSL implementations on Android, spotted by MalloDroid, a story which made it to WSJ last year
* ... some more interesting SSL stuff!
--> Keynotes by Thomas Roessler (W3C), Angela Sasse (Head Information Security Research @ University College
London), Dieter Gollmann (Head of Security in Distributed Applications, Technical University of
Teasers @ https://appsec.eu/program/talk-teaser/, https://appsec.eu/program/hackpra-allstars/
C: Open Source Security Showcase (https://appsec.eu/program/open-source-security-showcase/)
* Would you like to inject some SQL? Miroslav Stampar will show you how with sqlmap!
* Chris Bockermann: Honeynetting the web with community collectors running mod_security
* A new kid on the webservices penetration testing block: WS-Attacker presented by XML-Security
dudes Juraj Somorovsky and Christian Mainka
and much much more!
The conference will be held from August 22-23, 2013 (trainings from August 20-21) at the Emporio Hamburg.
It's centrally located in the heart of the city with a splendid view over Binnen-, Aussenalster and River
As ticket prizes are subsidized by sponsors (anybody still interested? http://is.gd/QY8PT2), thus entry
fees are low (excl. VAT):
* 350 EUR€ (ISACA/ISC2/OWASP member)
* 420 EUR normal prize
trainings come extra.
The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a global open project composed of individuals, educational
organizations and supporting corporations from around the world. OWASP has quickly become the de facto
standards body for web application and software security by providing free, vendor‐neutral, practical,
cost‐effective application security guidelines.
German OWASP Board, Conference Chair AppSec EU 2013
http://appsec.eu/ | @appseceu