[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
CVE-2013-6429 Fix for XML External Entity (XXE) injection (CVE-2013-4152) in Spring Framework was incomplete
Vendor: Spring by Pivotal
- Spring MVC 3.0.0 to 3.2.4
- Spring MVC 4.0.0.M1-4.0.0.RC1
- Earlier unsupported versions may be affected
Spring MVC's SourceHttpMessageConverter also processed user provided XML and
neither disabled XML external entities nor provided an option to disable them.
SourceHttpMessageConverter has been modified to provide an option to control the
processing of XML external entities and that processing is now disabled by
Users of affected versions should apply the following mitigation:
- Users of 3.x should upgrade to 3.2.5 or later
- Users of 4.x should upgrade to 4.0.0 or later
(This is also fixed in 4.0.0-RC2 but users are recommended to use 4.0.0 or later)
This issue was identified by the Spring development team.
2014-Jan-14: Initial vulnerability report published.