[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
44CON 2014 September 11th - 12th CFP Open
44CON is the UK's largest combined annual Security Conference and
Training event. Taking place on the 11th and 12th of September at the
ILEC Conference Centre near Earls Court, London, we will have a fully
dedicated conference facility, including catering, private bar and daily
Gin O’Clock break.
/_//_// / //\ / Goes | 11th - 12th September 2014
/ //_,/_// / Fourth | ILEC Conference Centre, London
-=- London's Premier Security Event -=-
]-- 44CON 2014 Call For Papers
Full CFP info: http://44con.com/cfp2014/
CFP Registration: https://cfp.44con.com/
Tickets *available now*: http://shop.44con.com/
The conference will host two speaking tracks, two workshop tracks and a
mixed speaking/workshop track over the two days. Day one will feature a
mix of Infosec Professional and softer technical talks while day two
will host two fully technical tracks and the hidden track. The proposed
schedule can be found here: http://www.44con.com/schedule.
This is the Call for Papers, Talks and Workshops for 44CON 2014. Both
Technical and Infosec Professional talk submissions will be accepted.
Talks are 45 minutes long. Workshops are either 60 or 120 minutes in length.
Submissions should be sent via the CFP website (https://cfp.44con.com/).
Submissions are reviewed by a panel consisting of end-user industry
specialists from industry rock stars and CxOs to burned out techies.
In particular, we are looking for original talks of the highest quality
in the following areas:
1. Offensive and Defensive Technologies and Techniques
2. Bugs - Finding, Fixing and Reverse Engineering
3. Incident Handling, Detection, Forensics and Anti-Forensics
4. Cloud Computing and Virtualisation Security
5. Owning the Enterprise
6. Attacking and Defending the Online Economy
7. Embedded/Hardware Hacking
8. Application and Mobile Security
9. Networking and Comms
10. UK and European Critical National Infrastructure (CNI)
11. Threats, Risk, Controls, Governance, Compliance
12. Humans, Social Engineering and Layer 8
New talks tend to score higher than repeat talks in the CFP review stage
but this is not a hard and fast rule. If you plan to repeat a talk less
than 6 months after 44CON, we need to know when and where so we can plan
Note: this is not an exhaustive list. If you have a good talk proposal
covering something not mentioned above, please let us know.
]-- Selection Committee
- Nick Barron (Columnist, SC Magazine UK)
- Phil Huggins (BAE Systems Applied Intelligence)
- Andrew P Cunningham (BAT)
- Steve Lord (A selection of London pubs)
- Skapp (Somewhere on your network)
- Adrian M (Has concerns)
- Various shadowy figures from the unconvention.
]-- Speaker Privileges
Speakers at 44CON will be entitled to the following:
- Paid travel
- 2-3 nights accommodation (see below)
- Breakfast & Lunch during conference
- Pre & Post Conference Party Invite
- Exclusive 44CON speaker T Shirt
- Love and TLC from our awesome speaker ops team
- Press Access (for those that want it)
- Fun and Frolics (and Alcohol if you want it)
We welcome speakers of all genders, origins and physical abilities. If
you have any particular disabilities or requirements please let us know
so we can accommodate. Talks are to be delivered in English only.
Partners are welcome to come along, we’re happy to help arrange for
tourist things for you and your partners to do while in London - Please
let us know should you want to do this.
For accepted talks we cover your travel costs from wherever in the world
you are at the time, provide access to the event for both days and 2
nights of accommodation.
Should you have an accepted talk and workshop we will grant you an
additional night of accommodation (up to 3 nights)
For accepted workshops with no accompanying talk we will provide a free
44CON 2014 ticket for both days. No accommodation or travel will be
]-- Submissions process
Submit your CFP response at the CFP Site (https://cfp.44con.com/).
Submissions must be in English only.
]-- Important dates
- CFP Opens Wednesday 21st February
- For entry into the first round selection submit by 30th March
- First Selection round announced Wednesday 30th April
- Final CFP Deadline: Sunday 1st June, 6pm UTC
- Final Speaker announcements: Thursday 26th June
- Speaker flight details to be submitted by 30th June
- Papers/Tools/Presentation Submission Deadline: Friday 5th September
- 44CON Training: 9th and 10th September
- 44CON Movie night: 10th September
- 44CON Conference: 11th and 12th September
]-- Other Information
To find out more about 44CON visit http://44con.com/, follow us on
twitter @44con, or use the #44con hashtag and take part in the
discussion on Twitter.
Tickets are available now from the main web site at
http://shop.44con.com/collections/44con-tickets/. For an idea of what to
expect, watch some videos from previous 44Con Events at
By agreeing to speak at 44CON you are granting Sense/Net Ltd (owners of
44CON) the rights to reproduce and distribute your presentation and
recording (unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance of the event)
including but not limited to http://44con.com/, advertisements in
various mediums and through partner sites and mediums. If you are not
comfortable with this arrangement then this must be agreed with us in
writing prior to the event.
We aim to provide professionally produced DVDs of 44CON presentations
for attendees to purchase. Please advise us in advance if your
presentation cannot be recorded for any reason.
Signal 11 received; Segmentation fault
# rm -rf /*