[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Shakacon 2014: Call for Papers - Deadline April 11th
- To: <pen-test@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <honeypots@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <focus-ms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <focus-ids@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <forensics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <focus-virus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <focus-apple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <wifisec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <webappsec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <loganalysis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <security-basics@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Shakacon 2014: Call for Papers - Deadline April 11th
- From: "Shakacon" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 21:13:19 -1000
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Thread-index: Ac9EC9IJhZSMd6InT1qiaZ/zfpQWKA==
- Thread-topic: Shakacon 2014: Call for Papers - Deadline April 11th
==<Apologies for the cross posting but hope to see everyone at the
Shakacon VI - Honolulu, Hawaii
"Sun, Surf, and C Shells"
CALL FOR PAPERS
Who: Shakacon Crew
What: Shakacon VI
When: June 23-25 2014
Where: Honolulu, HI
Why: World Class Speakers, World Class Location, World Class People
How: By plane, boat, canoe, yacht, hydrofoil, stand-up paddle board,
long board, dolphin, whale sled, nuclear submarine, etc.
Going into our sixth year, Shakacon offers attendees a unique
opportunity to really network with
some of the world's top security professionals in casual and friendly
setting. At its heart the
Shakacon security conference is a laid back conference where industry,
and independent experts will get together to share knowledge and
experience in one of the most
beautiful places on Earth.
The conference committee strives to build a balanced schedule that
appeals to all security practitioners
with talks covering all different aspects of the information security
landscape. There will be something
for everyone and if sitting through talks isn't your cup of Hawaiian
coffee you can step into one of the
social areas and talk with our sponsors, staff, and attendees.
Don't want to speak at the Con but have an uncanny ability to teach and
a proven track record for
delivering quality courseware and want to come to Hawaii? We will be
evaluating trainers for one day of
training leading up to Shakacon (June 23rd). Submit a synopsis/class
agenda, prior teaching experience,
and maybe get selected to teach in Hawaii. Revenue is split 50/50
between the trainer and conference.
The conference will cover all venue related costs (A/V, Food, Drinks,
etc.). The trainer is expected
to cover their own travel costs (unless they are also selected as a
speaker). All selected trainers
will receive free admission to the conference.
We have up to sixteen (16) spots and typically receive 100+ submissions
to speak. If you are serious about
speaking please submit your abstract as soon as possible.
(1) Abstract for papers must be submitted to the review committee by
April 11, 2014.
(2) Selection notification will occur by April 18, 2014 and abstracts
posted to the site
by April 23, 2014.
(3) Full Slides for your papers must be submitted by May 31, 2014.
CFP Review Committee:
Caleb Sima - BlueBox
Katie Mossouris - Microsoft
Colin Ames - Attack Research
Matthieu Suiche - MoonSols
Vincenzo Iozzo - TiQad
Kent Backman - Independent Researcher
Jonathan Brossard - Toucan Systems
Jeremiah Grossman - Whitehat Security
Daniel Hodson - Oxin Security & Ruxcon
Kris Harms - Cylance
Mark Ryan Talabis - FireEye
Chris Potter - FireEye
Jason Martin - FireEye
As mentioned, there are a limited number of speaking sessions for which
the conference organizers will provide
travel and accommodations so please submit your abstract early if you
are interested in speaking. Speaking
slots will be 50 minutes long (45 minutes for your talk and 5 minutes
The audience will be a broad mix of professional, academic, and
enthusiast, so we welcome both technical
and non-technical submissions on all aspects of security. The key
criteria are practicality and timeliness.
We want to provide our attendees with up to date materials they can take
away and immediately gain
benefit from as well as new research or tools. Absolutely NO SALES
presentations will be accepted.
Proposals should include:
"Shakacon CFP Submission: <paper title>, <your name>"
1. Name, address, and contact info.
2. Employer and/or affiliations.
3. Brief biography.
4. Presentation experience.
5. Topic summary.
6. Reason this topic should be considered.
7. Other publications or conferences where this material has been or
will be published/submitted.
Please include plain text of all information provided in the body of
your email as well as any file attachments.
The plain text information will be reviewed first to find the most
Please forward the above information to cfp [at] shakacon.org
<mailto:cfp [at] shakacon.org> in order to be considered.
More conference information, registration details, and travel partner
deals will be
Follow Status on:
We are media friendly. Please email info at Shakacon.org for inquiries
about press passes.
ALOHA FROM THE SHAKACON CREW!
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.