[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Firefox for Android Profile Directory Derandomization and Data Exfiltration (CVE-2014-1484, CVE-2014-1506, CVE-2014-1515, CVE-2014-1516)
We have recently discovered a series of vulnerabilities in Firefox for Android
that allows a malicious application to successfully derandomize
the Firefox profile directory name in a practical amount of time
and then leak sensitive data (such as cookies and cached
information) which reside in that directory, breaking Android's
1. (CVE-2014-1516) Profile Directory Name Weak Randomization.
2. (CVE-2014-1484) Profile Directory Name Leaks to Android System Log.
3. (CVE-2014-1515) Automatic File Download to SD Card.
4. (CVE-2014-1506) Crash Reporter File Manipulation.
The full analysis with exploitation techniques can be found in our whitepaper.
1. Blog post: http://bit.ly/1drYsZp
2. Whitepaper: http://slidesha.re/1gqiyD3