[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ESA-2016-104: EMC ViPR SRM Multiple Vulnerabilities
- To: "'bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "DM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <DM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: ESA-2016-104: EMC ViPR SRM Multiple Vulnerabilities
- From: EMC Product Security Response Center <Security_Alert@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:50:30 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=emc.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; q=dns/txt; s=jan2013; t=1473778255; x=1505314255; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version; bh=hpsym1qvFvqVyT0l+FfCgBXmwn0LMwns+qM7y0YzRGE=; b=KLgl6KO89Ua+pf2ZznD7qatRwMyFFpTDuUlngSiQEE3LQ0efLMhsZ8TE oRFBy3ZtnEOjwhQx/g+Qb6+j/2ywWBPTb9ZPaIK0E+H4RPbrsJpTwWNiv H2zJ6EcKDpT1HGL2w3UVB+SY4dsQO1NFVwSiLLQqDoyaZzVP/DN3ae7Y8 s=;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=emc.com; s=jan2013; t=1473778254; bh=hrwAw3+1leIdDnmi8ioiBbXistY=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=UTktslsGU4mexpiwEhd5kwJVBd6WqStyVYHbH0eCO+0UJRhn+5UCbWALG3EXaleaC wPz226jVtmMC0z46rFEu7oGoZoKswr3nK9rHWiFiDeThqikpXZrMVhNWox08RumSok zrcr2EEfxU0IrmaGFKIUp8o1h4L/Y/Sezh+dSxBE=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Thread-index: AdINzeO1E7/AOAIRRouW4vuSoWbEyA==
- Thread-topic: ESA-2016-104: EMC ViPR SRM Multiple Vulnerabilities
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
ESA-2016-104: EMC ViPR SRM Multiple Vulnerabilities
EMC Identifier: ESA-2016-104
CVE Identifier: CVE-2016-0922, CVE-2016-6641, CVE-2016-6642, CVE-2016-6643
Severity Rating: CVSS v3 Base Score: See below for CVSSv3 scores for individual CVEs
EMC ViPR SRM versions prior to 3.7.2
EMC ViPR SRM 3.7.2 contains a fix for multiple vulnerabilities that could potentially be exploited by malicious users to compromise the affected system.
The details of the vulnerabilities are as follows:
? Brute-force Password Guessing Vulnerability ? CVE-2016-0922
EMC ViPR SRM is affected by a brute-force password guessing vulnerability. An attacker may exploit this vulnerability to launch brute-force attacks against user passwords and compromise user accounts.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 7.5 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N)
Note: ViPR SRM version prior to 3.7.2 have the brute-force protection but required manual configuration to enable it. Starting in 3.7.2, the brute-force protection is enabled by default.
? Stored Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability ? CVE-2016-6641
CVSS v3 Base Score: 7.6 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:L/A:N)
? Reflected Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability ? CVE-2016-6643
CVSS v3 Base Score: 6.1 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
? Arbitrary File Upload via Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerability ? CVE-2016-6642
EMC ViPR SRM is affected by an arbitrary file upload vulnerability which can be leveraged via a cross-site request forgery (CSRF) vulnerability. Attackers could potentially exploit the CSRF vulnerability to upload arbitrary files on behalf of an authenticated administrator user of the application.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 7.1 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:L)
The following EMC ViPR SRM release contains a fix for this vulnerability:
? EMC ViPR SRM version 3.7.2
Starting in ViPR SRM 3.7.2, new installations are protected from brute-force password guessing attacks by default. Customers upgrading to 3.7.2 should review their security settings against the Security Configuration Guide and determine if they desire to enable this configuration, as it is not enabled by default.
EMC recommends all customers upgrade at the earliest opportunity.
EMC would like to thank Han Sahin of Securify B.V. (han.sahin@xxxxxxxxxxx) for reporting CVE-2016-0922.
EMC would like to thank Eric Flokstra of Outpost24 for reporting CVE-2016-6641, CVE-2016-6642 and CVE-2016-6643.
Link to remedies:
Registered EMC ViPR SRM customers can download upgraded software from support.emc.com at https://support.emc.com/downloads/34247_ViPR-SRM.
[The following is standard text included in all security advisories. Please do not change or delete.]
Read and use the information in this EMC Security Advisory to assist in avoiding any situation that might arise from the problems described herein. If you have any questions regarding this product alert, contact EMC Software Technical Support at 1-877-534-2867.
For an explanation of Severity Ratings, refer to EMC Knowledgebase solution emc218831. EMC recommends all customers take into account both the base score and any relevant temporal and environmental scores which may impact the potential severity associated with particular security vulnerability.
EMC recommends that all users determine the applicability of this information to their individual situations and take appropriate action. The information set forth herein is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. EMC disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event, shall EMC or its suppliers, be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if EMC or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----