[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
ESA-2016-127: EMC ViPR SRM Stored Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- To: "'bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bugtraq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "DM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <DM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: ESA-2016-127: EMC ViPR SRM Stored Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
- From: EMC Product Security Response Center <Security_Alert@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 14:33:25 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple; d=emc.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; q=dns/txt; s=jan2013; t=1474986831; x=1506522831; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version; bh=WpF+LaHTZbQz7wA1rUz7rWLSjwt5YDiDNBPqPt7Fak4=; b=iFJNmf2ykhW+EZS23H3YL+KrOqqmOWI/ZHmr8T9SugE6THntArsjtiVZ lOdZvo74BsNLX0DZf+lb8Eef/ccPy4YFoyaHUkjoJK2APbQoyCXZ8yUJ4 Sy7qdptKY4Vk0sZj8I5f8EFRdPYT+r0jofoL8Luz3BT+ieuZb4CTS1wJm w=;
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=emc.com; s=jan2013; t=1474986829; bh=vmNQx1xz0z56szEwshKukM/ox4c=; h=From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=dERf1nbdjCURPznpvcIG4NEO6jzCVVXjcYq0c35HJ3Q7V7hBrAQ2W7+obe38WIMqk Y2wFngcQZHNypJ+2PaiGTKiSq6+9DSjfyq6roDb4JJTvVh+s5sdfHCEjPzsLy1evas d2/SdK4P3vyWn7+xsQ25oFFTdDGdMkaO9RtH5Ne8=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: <bugtraq.list-id.securityfocus.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact bugtraq-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Thread-index: AdIYy/A03lXAsyE7TWuix8iGS893NA==
- Thread-topic: ESA-2016-127: EMC ViPR SRM Stored Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
EMC Identifier: ESA-2016-127
CVE Identifier: CVE-2016-6647
Severity Rating: CVSS v3 Base Score: 7.6 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:H/I:L/A:N)
EMC ViPR SRM versions prior to 4.0.1
EMC ViPR SRM 4.0.1 contains a fix for a stored cross-site scripting vulnerability that could potentially be exploited by malicious users to compromise the affected system.
The following EMC ViPR SRM release contains a fix for this vulnerability:
? EMC ViPR SRM version 4.0.1
EMC recommends all customers upgrade at the earliest opportunity.
Link to remedies:
Registered EMC ViPR SRM customers can download upgraded software from support.emc.com at https://support.emc.com/downloads/34247_ViPR-SRM.
EMC would like to thank Eric Flokstra of Outpost24 for reporting this vulnerability
[The following is standard text included in all security advisories. Please do not change or delete.]
Read and use the information in this EMC Security Advisory to assist in avoiding any situation that might arise from the problems described herein. If you have any questions regarding this product alert, contact EMC Software Technical Support at 1-877-534-2867.
For an explanation of Severity Ratings, refer to EMC Knowledgebase solution emc218831. EMC recommends all customers take into account both the base score and any relevant temporal and environmental scores which may impact the potential severity associated with particular security vulnerability.
EMC recommends that all users determine the applicability of this information to their individual situations and take appropriate action. The information set forth herein is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. EMC disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event, shall EMC or its suppliers, be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if EMC or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----