Re: [ISN] Complex Networks Too Easy to Hack

Forwarded from: Emerson Tan <et@xxxxxxx>

There is something really basic here that lots of people forget, this
whole article could be summed up by the old design maxim:

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

KISS

It's so obvious...

Emerson

> http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,56766,00.html
>
> By Michael Grebb
> Dec. 09, 2002
>
> WASHINGTON -- Internet and telecommunications experts, here on
> Friday to discuss homeland security, said increasingly complex
> software operating systems and networks have made it easier than
> ever to disrupt U.S. communications systems.
>
> At the same time, hackers don't need to be highly skilled to wreak
> havoc.
>
> "Over time, we're getting very sophisticated attacks from morons,"
> said Bill Hancock, chair of the cybersecurity focus group of the
> Network Reliability and Interoperability Council, which coordinates
> voluntary "best practices" to maintain a streamlined communications
> infrastructure.

---
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they
are free." - Goethe
Emerson Tan
Freelance Thinker
et@xxxxxxx :PGP public key on request or from http://pgpkeys.mit.edu
PGP key fingerprint: 71E9 0C2A CD8F 44AC 4CA5  BB3D 09D4 0B6E 2734 DC72

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org