RE: [ISN] Firewall installed to prevent hacking

Forwarded from: "Moyer, Shawn" <SMoyer@xxxxxxxxx>

Um, so how would a f/w prevent the mail service from getting 0wned?
SMTP by definition would generally be publically accessible, so...
Wouldn't the "unidentified hacker" just hit the box again, and maybe
have to get as tricky as <gasp!> a reverse tunnel to get back to the
box? Wow, sounds positively ironclad to me! A better story for Sandy
Wall to report on: "Greene County officials defrauded by vendor's
defective e-mail software". ;)

--shawn

-
ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org