[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ISN] Interz0ne 5 Security Conference - Call for Papers
Interz0ne 5 Security Conference - Call for Papers / Participation
Interz0ne 5 is now accepting Papers and Presentations for available
presentation time slots during this year's convention.
Interz0ne is an annual Hacker / Security professional convention, in
its 5th year running. Interz0ne is proud to bring the latest topics to
the Information Technology community.
Our commitment to cutting-edge issues yields up-to-date, highly
technical lectures and important industry topics such as anonymity,
privacy, e-Voting, forensics, legislation, regulation and freedom of
All submissions are to be emailed to contact (at) interz0ne.com by
December 24th, 2005.
Submissions must be of the latest technologies or methodologies. We
will not rehash lectures given previously unless they have been
Priority considerations will be given to:
* Cryptography and Privacy
* Advanced Attack Methods (Zero-day Exploits, Reverse Engineering,
Stealth Application Exploits)
* Zero Day Defenses and Application Security
* Hardware and Protocol Attacks
* Anonymity Concepts and Tools
* Forensics and Tracking
* Physical Security
* "101" style lectures (coding, hacking, wireless, etc.)
* Voice over IP (VoIP)
* Communications Infrastructure/Satellite Hacking
* Society, Culture, and Community topics
All Lectures should be timed to 60 minute slots inclusive of a Q&A
session. Longer time slots are negotiable, but must greatly merit the
extra time. Submission inclusion of relative tools, white papers, or
source code will help in the selection process.
Submissions must include:
* Title and short synopsis of topic.
* Valid email and phone number for contact
* Bio of presenter stating qualifications to give topic lecture. (This
will be published on interz0ne website and in any printed
* Any other info deemed pertinent in us considering your subject.
Those submitting please note:
* Interz0ne will provide projectors (laptop compatible) and
whiteboards, all other special equipment requirements will be
considered on a case by case basis.
* All lectures to be Vendor neutral. (Please see "OTHER
* By presenting at Interz0ne 5, you grant Interz0ne permission to
reproduce, distribute, and/or advertise your lecture as seen fit.
* Please do not delay in submitting. Presentations are evaluated and
selected in order received.
* The newest research and latest of vulnerabilities gets highest
consideration in selection.
* Finalists qualify for consideration to instruct at the new GrayArea
Security School (www.GrayArea.Info) in both Atlanta (Mar. 2006) and
the San Francisco Bay Area in Oct.2006.
* All deadlines must be met to remain in consideration for time slots.
* Those traveling to present will be given time slot considerations.
* Once scheduled for a time slot, it will not be changed.
Vendors and Sponsors:
Interz0ne insists that the Interz0ne presentations be Vendor-neutral,
but are willing to negotiate with potential Sponsors and Vendors for
space and exposure at the convention.
These negotiations are on a "first contact, first considered" basis
and may fill up early. Feel free to contact for information on various
Sponsorship levels or for available Vendor space. Email: contact (at)
DEADLINES and important dates:
Call For Papers issued 01 Oct.05
Call For Papers ends 24 Dec.05
Last Acceptance Notifications 30 Dec.05 C.O.B.
Final Due Date for Papers / Slides
(tools, source code and materials) 15 Jan.06
Doors Open For Convention TBA (March 2006)
Advance Thanks to those that choose to participate in helping keep
Interz0ne the Quality Hacker/Security Convention to attend!! We look
forward to seeing you there!!
Earn your Master's degree in Information Security ONLINE
Study IA management practices and the latest infosec issues.
Norwich University is an NSA Center of Excellence.