[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[ISN] Seoul says N. Korea 'likely' behind June 25 cyber attack
The Korea Herald
The government on Tuesday named North Korea as a suspect in the latest cyber
attack against the presidential office website and dozens of other government
offices and news outlets here.
The latest attack took place from June 25, the anniversary of the outbreak of
the 1950-53 Korean War, to July 1, in which the websites of 69 government and
private organizations, including the prime minister's office, were attacked.
About 90 percent of the attacked websites and servers have been repaired,
according to the Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning.
The ministry said the hackers in the latest attack used at least one IP address
that had been used in previous attacks by North Korean hackers.
Visit the new and improved InfoSec News website