RE: [ISSForum] Blackice virus warning

What actually happens is that the sensor records an evidence file (evd*.enc)
which includes a tcp dump of the "code red" packet thus the false positive
virus alarm.

If you find these alarms annoying, the best way would probable be to exclude
*.enc files from virus checking.

Regards

P.

>Hi, I noticed that when ISS server sensor 6.5 (with network monitoring)is
installed on a server which has norton anti-virus software in it, the
anti-virus scan (real time or scheduled) will >give out false positive
alarms(Code Red virus). The infected file(with enc extension) is under the
blackice folder. >