RE: [ISSForum] Gartner declares IDS obsolete by 2005

I actively monitor and I am a techie, and in this case I think Gartner is
wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Zubairi [mailto:dan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 10:38 AM
To: Kurt.C.Anderson@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ISSForum@xxxxxxx; issforum-admin@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ISSForum] Gartner declares IDS obsolete by 2005

Are you a techie, or do you actually actively monitor technology trends with
relation to new technology, market trends, financial swings, etc?

As a Security Professional, I think Gartner has their act together. Their
trend analyst findings have a good history of being accurate.

Daniel F. Zubairi, Managing Partner
SydanTech LLC
7272 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 300
Bethesda, MD 20814