[ISSForum] MSSQL Server and ISS 7.0

Has anyone been able to install IS 7.0 without installing MSDE. We have set up a central MSSQL server especially for IS 7.0, and we are now trying to install IS 7.0 on our scanning computers. All the MSSQL client software is on the scanning computers, I can even cpnnect to the MSSQL server, and query its version (which is patched locally, and remotely. I can't see any reason I need to install MSDE, an I missing something. I am not a database person, but I have to get this setup, so I might just be missing something in the setup of the database client to make IS like it.

Thanks for any help,
David Sayre
Los Alamos National Labs.