From: David Kyle Sayre [mailto:dks@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 12:12 AM
To: issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] MSSQL Server and ISS 7.0

Has anyone been able to install IS 7.0 without installing MSDE. We have
set up a central MSSQL server especially for IS 7.0, and we are now
trying to install IS 7.0 on our scanning computers. All the MSSQL client
software is on the scanning computers, I can even cpnnect to the MSSQL
server, and query its version (which is patched locally, and remotely. I
can't see any reason I need to install MSDE, an I missing something. I
am not a database person, but I have to get this setup, so I might just
be missing something in the setup of the database client to make IS like
it.

Thanks for any help,
David Sayre
Los Alamos National Labs.