RE: [ISSForum] SiteProtector automatic update

Title: Message
Attila,

I've had the exact same problem.  I also had to discover the hard way to manually create that \update folder, and use the manual upgrader to download the necessary update files from a corporate LAN.  I have tried a few times to set up the automatic update feature with the proxy settings but it hasn't worked.  I too can browse the ISS site from the Application Servers IE web browser, log on to the ISS download site, and download updates manually, but I can't get the manual updater to do this either when I've installed it on this Application server (on the client's LAN-which has a web proxy).  Don't have an answer for you, just confirming your problem.

Bob

Robert J. Craig, CISM, CISSP, SSCP
Senior Security Engineer

NETSEC
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA  20171
(703) 561-0420
(703) 832-4505 fax
bob.craig@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netsec.net

Your Network Security Solution.
This electronic message contains information from NETSEC or its affiliates, which may be confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above for the purposes intended by the originator. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (703) 561-0420, or by electronic mail at info@xxxxxxxxxx