RE: [ISSForum] SiteProtector automatic update

Robert

You may need to change the properties of the 'RealSecure SiteProtector
Sensor Service Controller' service on your Apps server to run as a user
a/c that has access through the proxy - Check out Answer ID 766 on the
ISS Online KnowledgeBase.

Regards
Malcolm Klose

LAN Security Manager
The Bank of New York
Tel  +44 (0)20 7964 7721
Fax +44 (0)20 7964 5005
Email  mklose@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Robert Craig
                      <rjc@xxxxxxxxxx>         To:       Polinger Attila <APoling@xxxxxx>, "'issforum@xxxxxxx'" <issforum@xxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      issforum-admin@is        Subject:  RE: [ISSForum] SiteProtector automatic update
                      s.net

                      26/06/2003 13:30

Attila,

I've had the exact same problem.  I also had to discover the hard way to
manually create that \update folder, and use the manual upgrader to
download the necessary update files from a corporate LAN.  I have tried
a few times to set up the automatic update feature with the proxy
settings but it hasn't worked.  I too can browse the ISS site from the
Application Servers IE web browser, log on to the ISS download site, and
download updates manually, but I can't get the manual updater to do this
either when I've installed it on this Application server (on the
client's LAN-which has a web proxy).  Don't have an answer for you, just
confirming your problem.

Bob

Robert J. Craig, CISM, CISSP, SSCP
Senior Security Engineer

NETSEC
13525 Dulles Technology Drive
Herndon, VA  20171
(703) 561-0420
(703) 832-4505 fax
bob.craig@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netsec.net

Your Network Security Solution.
This electronic message contains information from NETSEC or its
affiliates, which may be confidential, proprietary or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be used solely
by the recipient(s) named above for the purposes intended by the
originator. If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that any
review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this transmission or
its contents is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify us immediately by telephone at (703) 561-0420, or
by electronic mail at info@xxxxxxxxxx