RE: [ISSForum] unable to update SiteProtector Database

Title: RE: [ISSForum] unable to update SiteProtector Database

Wassim,

Be sure that both keys are present on your 7.0 scanners.  I have had similar problems with 6.2.1 scanners, but not on 7.0.  I've included a snippet from a previous post of mine that may help.  It wouldn't surprise me that some 'quirks' from 6.2.1 have ebbed their way into 7.0.

<snip>

2) Sometimes the scanner during installation does not grab both the event collector and application server keys.  This will either cause this problem [scanner is permanently queued] if the app server key is not present, or if the event collector key is not present, the scan will execute properly but the data will never end up in the SP database.

</snip>

I believe that the keys should be present in the %system root%\Program Files\ISS\issSensors\%sensorname%\Keys\RSA (or cirticom, if you use their keys) directory.  In my experience, you'll need two keys, one for the event collector and one for the app controller.  Keep in mind that I've only deployed RSSP in the 'custom' configuration where it's distributed across two boxes.

Hope it helps,

Jason Bowen
Senior Consultant
Protiviti Inc.