RE: [ISSForum] unable to update SiteProtector Database

Hi,

Regarding your second remaining problem, it usually means that the sensor
is not reporting to any Event Collector.

Try assigning an Event Collector to your Internet Scanner (Right-click -->
Assign Event Collector --> Choose an Event Collector).

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Jovan Gonzalez Silva
Project Engineer
CCSA-CCSE-SCSA-MCSE
ETEK INTERNATIONAL - COLOMBIA

                      "Wassim Nakadi"
                      <wnakadi@xxxxxxx         To:      <wassim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <issforum@xxxxxxx>
                      .lb>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject: RE: [ISSForum] unable to update SiteProtector Database
                      issforum-admin@i
                      ss.net

                      27/06/2003 09:19
                      a.m.

Finally was able to install the update and complete all the available
updates to date when i did the folling:
1- i set the SA password to blank.
2- i gave the issAPP account in the database a dbowner for the master the
msdb database.
 Honestly i don't know which one solved the problem but i check my other SP
installation and found that (2) is not a must.
Its strange but i need to look further into that.

However am still facing the following:

1- my Deployment manager site show now sensor setup available for
installation( i.e i cannot install any sensor from the site)
except SiteProtector components and databriges. Knowing that that i
upgraded my Deployment manager to the latest ( xpu_2_2.xml) before i even
installed SiteProtector.

2- My Internet scanner 7.0 show a status of : not managed. i can run scans
and update it. but i cannot recieve any result from it. i couldn't populate
my Site Manager with host or get machine info's from a discovery scan

Any suggestions?