From: HSchupp@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:HSchupp@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 9:23 AM
To: issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] Trend Analysis

We are wanting to start creating/using some trend analysis tools with our
RealSecure database that will allow us to display a time/day view of
attacks. An example would be to look at TCP Port scans over a month long
period and display a chart that shows the 30 days and how many Port Scans
were seen each day. Then would like to see what time-of-day the greatest
number of port scans tend to occur. ... etc. Anyone know of a product that
can provide this level of analysis?

We are currently using RealSecure WGM 6.7 / Event Collector 6.5/ NW Sensors
7.0 on Windows 2000 with SQL 2000. If anyone has already created Crystal
Graphics reports or Access/Excel charts that can perform this analysis I
would appreciate seeing an example.

Thanks all!

Henry P. Schupp
Mantech - Integrated Data Systems, Inc.