Re: [ISSForum] SIGNATURE - No Informations

It sounds like your Hot Standby Redundancy Protocol password has been left
at the default of "cisco."  Common HSRP configurations send updates every
second which is the reason you are seeing so many events.  I think the
setting to change in the config is "standby authentication <password>."

Ryan Thomas

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           issforum-admin@i|
|         |           ss.net          |
|         |                           |
|         |           06/30/2003 02:35|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to issforum     |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      ISSForum@xxxxxxx                                                                              |
  |        cc:      F2252817_Daniel_Aquino_Fernandes_Lopes/BANCO_DO_BRASIL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                     |
  |        Subject: [ISSForum] SIGNATURE - No Informations                                                        |

H,

        A signature named HRSP_Default_Password brought by XPress Update
20.6 for NS 7.0 has provided a lot of incidents (around 500,000 a day).
Its just notify and has medium priority. What could do I do? Just disable
it? Or is it an important signaturee that tells me what is happening with
my
routers?

Thanks in advanced,

Luiz Leao - BBCSIRT