RE: [ISSForum] network sensor 7 performance

Jacob

Thanks for the information about "tcp.misseddata_gaps". As I understand you,
this statistic tracks the total number of gaps in the tcp connections
monitored by our sensors, and not the total number of packets dropped.

We have always thought our network was not stressing our sensor farm, but
armed with your information I checked and noticed that today we are seeing
an average of 116 tcp.misseddata_gaps every time a SensorStatistics event
fires. We have four Nokias and I have them reporting every five minutes.

Is 116 tcp.misseddata_gaps per sensor per five minutes good news, bad news,
or indifferent news? Should we expect this statistic to be zero?

Larry

otherwise confidential information.  Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
be unlawful.  If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to CSOffice@xxxxxxxxx  Thank you