Re: [ISSForum] System Scanner - Problems with agents in a fully qualified domainname environment

Yes, I never got FQDN working on Unix. Windows yes, but Unix no. In the end i just had to make sure the hostname of the consoles was in /etc/hosts....

>>> "NEYBERT, KARL (SBIS)" <kn7572@xxxxxxx> Thursday 08, January, 2004 18:36:32 >>>
Has anyone run into issues deploying System Scanner with several hundred
agents in fully qualified domain name environment to one console.    I
noticed that each time a UNIX box is rebooted, the host name in the
/opt/sysscan/etc/server_config file reverts back to the short host name
instead of the fully qualified name.   The suggested work around is to
manually change the file where the host name = fully qualified domain name
and make change=no to prevent the host name reverting back to the short host
name upon reboot.   That is very labor intensive.

Does anyone have any other suggestions that works in a large enterprise
environment?

Karl Neybert, SBCIS Security Team

What is impossible to do today, but if it could be done, would fundamentally
change our business for the better?

Voice: (214) 473-2143
Pager: (800) 435-0466
E-mail: kn7572@xxxxxxxxxxxx

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of SBC
> Communications and/or its affiliates, are confidential, and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is
> addressed. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have
> reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please
> notify the sender at 214-495-2143 and delete this message immediately from
> your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding,
> printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Disclaimer

This e-mail message shall not be construed as legally binding on the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). As internet communications are not secure, the BIS does not accept responsibility for the content of this message.

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system.
Thank you for your co-operation.