From: issforum-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of Reiser, Martin D.
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 7:55 AM
To: issforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] ikernel.exe - Access Denied

Hey all,

I did a complete uninstall (add/remove programs, deleted registry entry and directory entry) of a 6.5 server sensor with a reboot.  I then used the Deployment Manager to do a 7.0 install.  I receive an InstallShield (ikernel.exe) error stating that access is denied when the actual setup program tries to launch.

Has anyone experienced this before?  I've upgraded approximately 30 servers in the past two months with no problems until now.  This is a Win 2k server.

Thank you,

Martin D. Reiser

"Good, better, best, never let it rest, until your good is better, and your better best." - Benjamin Franklin

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message, and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged material. It is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.