RE: [ISSForum] System Scanner

This particular problem is for Solaris and HP-UX agents.
I have been working with ISS Tech support and the problem has not yet
been resolved.  It seems to be when you run multiple policies in
sequence against a Unix server, that the 3rd policy hangs.  The
troubleshooting debug files I produced show that the agent is looking
for the results in a directory called /opt/sysscan/results/detailed (or
deviation), but the result file is not there.
This was a problem with the older 4.1 version of the system scanner
agent and has reappeared in the 4.2 version.
So the only work around is to run only one policy at a time.

Shelley Coughlan
Bell Canada Corporate Security
Security Operations