From: issforum-admin@xxxxxxx [mailto:issforum-admin@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
shelley.coughlan@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 1:02 PM
To: kjwhigham1@xxxxxxxxx; agnes.marret@xxxxxxxxx; ISSForum@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ISSForum] System Scanner

This particular problem is for Solaris and HP-UX agents.
I have been working with ISS Tech support and the problem has not yet been
resolved.  It seems to be when you run multiple policies in sequence against
a Unix server, that the 3rd policy hangs.  The troubleshooting debug files I
produced show that the agent is looking for the results in a directory
called /opt/sysscan/results/detailed (or deviation), but the result file is
not there. This was a problem with the older 4.1 version of the system
scanner agent and has reappeared in the 4.2 version. So the only work around
is to run only one policy at a time.

Shelley Coughlan
Bell Canada Corporate Security
Security Operations