RE: [ISSForum] System Scanner Agent for Intel Version of Sun Sola ris 8.0

 Sorry, but the agents are VERY architecture specific.
You can not use (for example) a redhat intel agent on an intel
solaris system, or a SPARC solaris agent on an intel solaris
system.

It takes about 2 man months to create an agent build from
scratch, and then another 6-12 man months to build up the
appropriate rules and rulesets (policies) for that platform.
ISS product management and marketing look very carefully at the
size of the percieved market before deciding on a platform port.
Solaris Intel was examined several times in the last 5 years,
and the numbers did not stack up.

Ross Wakelin
Solutions Architect
MIEEE, MACM, CCSA, MCSE

gen-i
  technology*passion*success

Charles Luney House, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ph: +64 3 353 0800
Mob: +64 21 334 380
E-mail: ross.wakelin@xxxxxxxxxxx
Web: www.gen-i.co.nz

* The Might Of Our People Equals The Power Of Our Company *