RE: [ISSForum] Tivoli introduced into RS environment...overflowing console and db

That was my question, as well, to the support line and I was told to ask for it as an enhancement for the next RS version, but that doesn't do much for me now.

Thanks!
Calvin

From: "Quinn, Michael (Contractor)" <QuinnM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'Cloonan, John (ISS Cincinnati)'" <JCloonan@xxxxxxx>, "O'Flynn, Derek" <DOFlyn@xxxxxxxxxx>, "issforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <issforum@xxxxxxx>, reiver2002@xxxxxxxxxxx CC: "'cbanton@xxxxxxx'" <cbanton@xxxxxxx>, "Shields, Christine (Contractor)" <shieldsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: RE: [ISSForum] Tivoli introduced into RS environment...overflowing console and db
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:50:40 -0500
Received: from pfwssp1.ncr.disa.mil ([164.117.82.26]) by mc2-f37.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824); Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:50:34 -0800 Received: from mtassp3.ncr.disa.mil by pfwssp1.ncr.disa.mil via smtpd (for mc2.bay6.hotmail.com [65.54.190.7]) with ESMTP; Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:48:31 -0500 Received: by mtassp3.ncr.disa.mil with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2657.72)id <DL9ZWMXH>; Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:50:36 -0500

Calvin,

We will soon be implementing Tivoli on our servers with Server Sensor and
will have the same issue.

John,  I looked at your 79 page white paper on creating custom RealSecure
events and responses but didn't find any help.  Amy's response to call the
Tivoli developers and ask them to rewrite their code seemed like an
unacceptable response.  I know that you can create the "exclusionary"
filters with the Network Sensor but can't find a way to create similar with
the Server Sensor.  Our customers will also be rerquired to look at all
logons with admin privelages.  Doing the math, based on Calvin's discovery,
the number of events per 24 hours is 288 per day per server. On a Workgroup
Manager only watching 100 servers, that is 28800 unnecessary events
reporting to the console and the database. We will literally have over 1000
servers with Tivoli and Server Sensor.

Is there a way that ISS can tweak their software to be able to create
exclusionary filtering for sprecific traffic from specific IPs rather that
an all-or-none scenario?

Charles,  I have included you as I do not have Jo Jordan's email address.
Please forward to her.  Thanks.

-Mike