[ISSForum] RE: SP and XPU download strategy

Indeed someone is listening Karl,

You may or may not be aware of the Manual Upgrader for SiteProtector which is available on our download center as the first item listed in the SiteProtector section.

http://www.iss.net/download/

It was created for just this reason.  If there is a reason why this utility does not work for this situation please let us know.

The manual Upgrader allows you to download XPU files and post them anywhere you would like.  Some customers use this to burn the files to CD in environments where Internet access is not allowed.  You can also configure SiteProtector to look at this internal share point for updates instead of the web,  therefore if the use of the manual upgrader is automated and SiteProtector continually monitors the local share for updates you will receive the same benefits as you would if it was looking directly at the ISS web site.

Please let me know if there is any assistance that we can provide.  Thanks for emailing us with your concerns, the enhancements list is monitored by our entire Product Management team because we value the input that our customers offer us.

Best Regards,

Charles Banton
Technical Product Manager

cbanton@xxxxxxx