From: issforum-admin@xxxxxxx [mailto:issforum-admin@xxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dan Widger
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 12:41 PM
To: issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] SiteProtector implementation of Desktop Controller - Account & Password questions.

This set of questions is oriented to the Desktop Controller, which controls all of the RealSecure Desktop Protector agents (a.k.a. managed BlackIce setup).

How can I validate what the Account password is?

How do I change the Account password for the Desktop Controller? (I know where to do this, but I want to understand - if I change the password in the Desktop Controller properties, where else do I need to change this password (e.g. in the policies)?

If I change the (default) account password for the Desktop Controller, do I have to rebuild and re-install all of the agent installs of the Desktop Protector?

How \ where is the password located in the desktop deployment package? Is it encrypted?

How do I ensure that all Desktop Protector Agents have the correct password to talk to the Desktop Controller?

Do I need to enter the Desktop Controller account password, somewhere in each of the policies?  Is this done automatically for me?

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.