From: issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx [mailto:issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Cunningham, Chris, R.
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2004 8:01 AM
To: issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] logging incidents and exceptions

For audit and compliance, we are being asked to provide documentation on
what steps are taken for every IDS alert.  (i.e. was it an incident and
what steps were taken, was it a false positive, and what steps were
taken, etc.)

This seems to be an impossible task to me, and I don't believe the
incidents/exceptions in Site Protector are going to suffice for this.
Is anyone else in this situation, and how are you logging these events?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Chris

Investment products are not insured by the FDIC or any other
governmental agency, are not deposits of or other obligations of or
guaranteed by Wilmington Trust or any other bank or entity, and are
subject to risks, including a possible loss of the principal amount
invested. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
confidential and/or proprietary information.  It is intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.  If you have
received this in error, please contact the sender by replying to this
message and delete this material from any system it may be on.