RE: [ISSForum] Adjusting PAM settings by group?

And why cant you change site protector so we can apply properties to more than one sensor? ;-)

I recently had to do this for a server sensor on a variant of Unix.

>>> "Ballerini, Jean Paul (ISS EMEA)" <JPBallerini@xxxxxxx> Wednesday 23, June, 2004 14:37:11 >>>
If they use all the same policy, you can put the parameter in the policy
(and not in the advanced parameters of the properties). Afterwards you
right-click on the site, Network Protection -> Network Sensor -> Apply
Policy.

Another way is to modify the policy via Sensor -> Manage -> Policy...
Once your policy has been modified, you have to apply it before saving,
hence all sensors using it will be updated.

Hope it helps.

Jean Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: issforum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of InfoSec
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 11:01 PM
To: issforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] Adjusting PAM settings by group?

Is there a way to make a PAM setting apply to more than one sensor at a
time?  Basically all I see is right click in Site Protector on a single
sensor (network or appliance) and go to edit properties, hit the last
tab and add your parameter.  I'd like to adjust say 15+ at a time.  Say
for instance my gig network flies like it rightfully should, then I want
to mod

pam.tcp.network.scan.interval

But I have 30 sensors that run around these areas, do I have to hit each
sensor one at a time to add that pam setting?  I don't see it possible
in the policy file, but maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
Erin

Disclaimer

This e-mail message shall not be construed as legally binding on the Bank for International Settlements (BIS). As internet communications are not secure, the BIS does not accept responsibility for the content of this message.

This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorized disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message and any attachments thereto from your system.

Thank you for your co-operation.