Re: AW: [ISSForum] Enterprise Groups tree - What are the numbers?

James

I think you'll find that it's displaying High/Med/Low event counts
rather than sensor status counts.  You can change this in site manager
preferences by following the procedure below.  Changes take effect when
you next open the console.

To set preferences for the display of event information on the Site
Manager:
   1. On the Console menu bar, select Connection®Preferences, and then
      select the Site Manager tab.
   2. In the Site Level Group Metrics group, select one of the following
               1. Show Sensor Status Metrics for Groups on next
                  startup?Shows the number of active and inactive
                  sensors assigned to the group
               2. Show High, Medium, and Low Count Metrics for Groups on
                  next startup?Shows the number of high?, medium?, and
                  low?priority events detected by sensors assigned to
                  the group

Regards
Mal

                      "Mohr James"
                      <james.mohr@elaxy        To:       <ISSForum@xxxxxxx>
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  AW: [ISSForum] Enterprise Groups tree - What are the numbers?
                      issforum-bounces@
                      iss.net

                      19/07/2004 09:02

Hi Carlos!

As I mentioned, we have three entries, not just two. Also, the number of
entries is in the tens of thousands although we only have about a dozen
machines. So, it doesn't make sense that this is displaying the status
of the sensors.

Regards,

jimmo

The information in this e-mail, and any attachment therein, is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although The Bank of New York attempts to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.