[ISSForum] XP SP2 and Internet scanner 7

Hello all,

I am wondering if anyone has tested IS 7.0 and XP SP 2. How does the firewall interact with the scanner? Do we need to disable the firewall on XP completely, or do we just need to open certain ports? Will XP firewall start triggering false alarms on remote systems (I can't see why, unless it is an IPS also)? Are there any other ill or beneficial effects that we may not be aware of in we apply XP SP 2?

I am e-mailing both tech support, and the forum because I am sure that I am not the only one with these questions.

Thanks,
David Sayre
Los Alamos National Labs