[ISSForum] scanner shows itself on the scan

Hello,

I have ISS 7.0 SP1.  Before scanning, I use pinger to ping hosts in my
network, excluding the scanner.  Then I use command line to scan.
Basically, this is what I do:

cd\program files\iss\scannerconsole\tools
pinger.exe -h 10.0.0.3-10.0.0.254
enginemgr -a addasset -e 127.0.0.1 -n scanner_pt -t scanner -o stdout.txt
enginemgr -a startscan -e 127.0.0.1 -n scanner_pt -hf hosts.hst -p
"XXX_Priorities_xpu33" -poll t

The scanner's IP is 10.0.0.2.  I saw the scanner's IP is listed in the
hosts file.  I remove all hosts files from the scanner, restart the
process and it shows up again.   Does anyone come across this weird
behavior and know how to resolve it?

Thank you in advance.

Hong Bui
System Administrator