Re: [ISSForum] Application Server Service problem

This is from the SP4 Readme, but is for a Basic Installation.  Might still
be worth a try.

If you are using the Basic installation option, your SiteProtector
Application Server Service may fail to start when you reboot your
computer. This is because the service times out
before SQL Server starts. When this happens, the following message
is displayed:

[main] ERROR net.iss.rssp.server.database.DatabaseObjectHandlerBase:78
- net.iss.rssp.db.DataAccessException:
Database Error
SQL State = 42000
Vendor code = 4060
Vendor msg = [42000][Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]
[SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login
'RealSecureDB'. Login fails.

To fix this issue, perform the following steps:
1.      Select Start->Run.
The Run window appears.
2.      Type regedit in the Open box.
The Registry Editor opens.
3.      Navigate to the following registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
Services\issSPAppService]
4.      Create a new String Value named DependOnService.
5.      Give the DependOnService string the following value:
MSSQLSERVER
6.      Repeat steps 4 and 5 in the following registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
Services\issSPSenCtlService]

Brandon Twenty
Security Analyst, SPACEWAY
301-428-5510