Re: [ISSForum] Database shrink for RSDB

Try to fully reindex the db to eliminate fragmented index from the sql server console. Do it from the SQL console and not only using ISS stored procedure, because ISS sp "optimize" only some table.

Give a look also to this KB article:
https://iss.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iss.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_admin=1&p_userid=184&p_passwd=pELDWQpVuQbUNfAU1&p_faqid=2480&p_created=1087321141

Best Regards,
			Max
Poppi, Sandro wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to shrink the RealSecure SiteProtector (SP4.1) db which is about
11 GB (!).

I first used the Database Maintenance feature in SP Console with
autopurge/autoshrink enabled, no luck.

Then I followed KB#1146 to purge the db using the following sql procedure:

USE RealSecureDB
Go
EXEC iss_PurgeObs  '1/1/2004'
EXEC iss_PurgeMetrics  '1/1/2004'
EXEC iss_PurgeSD  '1/1/2004'

followed by KB#2342:

DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (RealSecureDB, 10)
also with no luck.
As I'm not an MS SQL guru I hope to get some hints from you guys.

Thank you in advance,
Sandro
---
[Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude Virus]
[Quipo ISP - This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]