AW: [ISSForum] Database shrink for RSDB

Massimo,

Thanks for the hint.

It seems that reindexing is not freeing any space, it adds size to the db
file (did use the "Reorganize data and index tables" option in my db
maintenance plan for RealSecureDB)!

KB#2480 also didn't help since the indexes are already clustered.

Ciao,
Sandro

> Try to fully reindex the db to eliminate fragmented index
> from the sql
> server console. Do it from the SQL console and not only using
> ISS stored
> procedure, because ISS sp "optimize" only some table.
>
> Give a look also to this KB article:
> https://iss.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iss.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.p
hp?p_admin=1&p_userid=184&p_passwd=pELDWQpVuQbUNfAU1&p_faqid=2480&p_created=
1087321141

Best Regards,
			Max
Poppi, Sandro wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to shrink the RealSecure SiteProtector (SP4.1) db which is
about
> 11 GB (!).
>
> I first used the Database Maintenance feature in SP Console with
> autopurge/autoshrink enabled, no luck.
>
> Then I followed KB#1146 to purge the db using the following sql procedure:
>
> USE RealSecureDB
> Go
> EXEC iss_PurgeObs  '1/1/2004'
> EXEC iss_PurgeMetrics  '1/1/2004'
> EXEC iss_PurgeSD  '1/1/2004'
>
> followed by KB#2342:
>
> DBCC SHRINKDATABASE (RealSecureDB, 10)
>
> also with no luck.
> As I'm not an MS SQL guru I hope to get some hints from you guys.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Sandro
>
> To contact the ISSForum Moderator, send email to mod-issforum@xxxxxxx
>
> The ISSForum mailing list is hosted and managed by Internet Security
> ---
> [Quipo ISP - Questa E-mail e' stata controllata dal programma Declude
Virus]