Re: [ISSForum] Proventia G200 & NTP

Hi,

I think it should be OK with following settings.

1) set cron to sync time
#crontab -l
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.22596 installed on Sun Apr 25 17:18:19 2004)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 2.13 1994/01/17 03:20:37 vixie Exp $)
0 * * * *    /usr/sbin/ntpdate -s enter_your_ntp_server

2) change iptable to allow ntp connection with ntp server
# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain RH-Lokkit-0-50-INPUT (1 references)
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp dpt:ntp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:swat flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:2998 flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ssh flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           udp reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Thank you,
Tetsuo Okuda