RE: [ISSForum] The policy file is newer than issues.csv

You probably are applying a policy that was derived not from the latest one supported by the sensor. Hence the signature is still part of your policy but it isn't recognized by the sensor any longer.

Jean Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: issforum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx On Behalf Of michel@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 10:13 PM
To: issforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ISSForum] The policy file is newer than issues.csv

Hi everyone,

I´m having trouble with a 7.0 network sensor that runs in a IPSO Box. I
had to change the box due to a hardware problem. When I restored the old
files (from another sensor couse my back-up was corrupted) It stoped
sending the responses (e-mail, log DB).

The only error it shows is in /var/log/messages, like this:

Oct 12 18:24:37 ids4 [LOG_WARNING] ISS[23346]: (network_sensor_1) - Policy
event name (NAME_OF_EVENT) could not be found in issues.csv. The policy
file is newer than issues.csv

I checked that issues.csv has the same size in the other sensors.

Anyone has any idea?
Thank´s a lot!