From: ZXRESSTER002, Ext
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 5:07 PM
To: 'Galea, Gilbert, VF-MT'; issforum@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ISSForum] SiteProtector 2.0sp3 & RSDP 7.0 - adaptive
profile issue

Dear Gilbert,

For me, i think that it is not a "good product". It is very unstable when
you use it with client - servers. For me, sometimes when I built VPN tunnel,
the profile is not changed from default to VPN. I view in blackd.log that
the agent can't contact its two desktop controllers (two desktop controllers
configured for the backup) whereas these ones are up (no problem Firewall
and so on; all has been verified). I have sometimes the problem when the
laptop is on the LAN. The profile is not changed from default to corpnet and
so when it is in corpnet profile, the profile changes to default.

We are in a pilot phase for a RAS solution through Internet with using a
personal Firewall for a big company. This product has been proposed by a
integrator but I have problems with this one. ISS doesn't reply to solve
this problem.
I can reproduce the problem but no reply of ISS.

To reproduce the problem: I cut off my first desktop controller to test the
backup on the second. I start my laptop on my LAN and the laptop keeps the
default profile whereas I have a trusted IP address (belonging to corpnet
profile).
I have the same problem when I want to built a VPN tunnel with the first
desktop controller down.

My integrator said me that the personal Firewall verifies the IP address
active on the PC and the availability of the desktop controller to enable
the good profile.

Good luck

Regards

Isabelle Alet

CE COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE EST A USAGE STRICTEMENT INFORMATIF ET NE SAURAIT ENGAGER DE QUELQUE MANIERE QUE CE SOIT EADS ASTRIUM SAS, NI SES FILIALES.

SI UNE ERREUR DE TRANSMISSION OU UNE ADRESSE ERRONEE A MAL DIRIGE CE COURRIER, MERCI D'EN INFORMER L'EXPEDITEUR EN LUI FAISANT UNE REPONSE PAR COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE DES RECEPTION. SI VOUS N'ETES PAS LE DESTINATAIRE DE CE COURRIER, VOUS NE DEVEZ PAS L'UTILISER, LE CONSERVER, EN FAIRE ETAT, LE DISTRIBUER, LE COPIER, L'IMPRIMER OU EN REVELER LE CONTENU A UNE TIERCE PARTIE.

This email is for information only and will not bind EADS Astrium SAS in any contract or obligation, nor its subsidiaries.

If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return email. If you are not the addressee of this email, you must not use, keep, disseminate, copy, print or otherwise deal with it.