RE: [ISSForum] Installing RealSecureDB on a separate partition.

Al,

The ISS install leaves log files in your windows temp directory. If you
can't find them, search for a directory named ISS outside of \Program
Files, filenames like:
 All_Components_Log.txt
 Event_Collector_Setup_Log.txt
 Local_IPs_EC.txt
 Setup_Controller_EC_log.txt
 Setup_Controller_UNINSTALL_log.txt
 SPEventViewerService_log.txt

I have not come across this problem before, but in lieu of error
messages/logs, I'll speculate a bit. It seems odd that the DB location
should have any impact on the EC install, as these are essentially
separate installs that are launched in sequence by a wrapper that takes
parameters from your input on the DM web pages. If DM or the wrapper get
confused about these parameters, the logs should help you see what
parameters each sub-install was actually given.

Your idea to run the install on C: sounds like a good way to begin
isolating the problem; a DB detach/move/re-attach works eminently. This
is an offline SQL operation only, Realsecure should not notice any
difference, just remember to stop the Realsecure* Windows services
first.

A more sure-fire option is to run the standalone installers
(Database-NormalSetup.exe ?) and EventCollector-NormalSetup.exe ?).
You'll can find these on the Realsecure distribution CD's, possibly on
the DeploymentManager, or download the latest & greates from ISS
website.

To completely pin down the problem, I would try all combinations; both
the DM-initiated install and the separate installs, against both C: and
D:.

Good luck,

Robert