Re: [ISSForum] Installing RealSecureDB on a separate partition.

I think that it's better to redirect the RealSecureDB afterwards (i.e.
Detach - Move - Reattach). It's 100% working, I did so and everything
completed successfully.
Also, I think, that for DB files it's better to use RAID 1+0 istead RAID 5.
And, finally, it's better for performance to keep transaction log and db
file(s) on physically different partitions. If you have multichannel RAID
controller, the good idea is to store these files on different RAID
channels (different RAIDs).
---
Best regards, Sergey V. Soldatov.
Information security department.

              "Alain J. Hart"
              <Alain.Hart@xxxxxxxxxxx>         To:       <issforum@xxxxxxx>
              Sent by:                         cc:
              issforum-bounces@xxxxxxx         Subject:  [ISSForum] Installing RealSecureDB on a separate
                                                partition.

              25.10.2004 21:31

Hi all,

We are setting up a Win2K Server with a mirrored partition (C:) for the
Operating System and a second partition (RAID-5) where we would like
to sit the Site Protector Database (D:).  We also installed all of the SQL
and other working files on the OS partition.
While trying to install SP (custom with EC/DB together), the database gets
installed successfully but the Event Collector install keeps on
failing.

We're using the latest Deployment Manager SP4 package to install the
components.

Did anyone run into the same issues while redirecting the DB to another
partition on a fresh install?

Would we be better off installing all the components to the mirrored drive
to redirect the RealSecureDB afterwards (i.e. Detach - Move - Reattach)?

Tx,

Al