Re: [ISSForum] TCP_Port_Scan

Oleg, parameters you've described can tune TCP_Network_Scan signature, but
not TCP_Port_Scan.
>From pam.chm: TCP_Port_Scan detects when a computer attempts to access more
than 4 different TCP ports on the victim's computer.
So, I wonder how:
1. I can change "more than 4 different TCP ports" condition
2. to note port diapason within which signature should not be triggered,
because some applications are legitimately connecting to several ports,
usually, it's some diapason

Thank you very much for your answer.

PS: Description of pam.tcp.network.scan.interval and
pam.tcp.network.scan.count can be found in pam.chm, that can be downloaded
from ISS KB site.
---
Best regards, Sergey V. Soldatov.

              "Kolesnikov, Oleg (ISS
              Atlanta)"                        To:       "issforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <issforum@xxxxxxx>
              <okolesnikov@xxxxxxx>            cc:       <svsoldatov@xxxxxx>
                                               Subject:  Re: [ISSForum] TCP_Port_Scan
              12.11.2004 01:30

Hi Sergey,

>Does anybody know how to configure TCP_Port_Scan signature? What
parameters
>can I change for that event to be working more accurately?

Check out pam.tcp.network.scan.interval and pam.tcp.network.scan.count

Oleg
---
ISS X-Force
Atlanta, GA