[ISSForum] Sensor Not Responding

Hi All!

I am having a problem with an SP 2 server sensor with CPU 22.29 running on a Windows 2000 TS Server. In the Site Manager it is reporting as "Not Responding". However, the issDaemon is running on the machine. I have tried to stop and start the service manually. It appears to work correctly, but the sensor is still "Not Responding". I can telnet to port 2998 on the machine with no problems. Looking in the Windows application log I have:

Session aborted due to fatal communications error with peer.  [ID=0xc7220050]
   WSAENOBUFS - No buffer space available.
 An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked
sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.  [ID=10055]

This seems to be obvious, but I cannot figure out a solution other than restarting the machine. There is a reference to this problem on Microsoft.com (Article ID : 201213): BUG: Send() Fails with Error WSAENOBUFS Over Blocking Socket. Article ID 196271 (Unable to Connect from TCP Ports Above 5000) and I increased the max. port, but I am still getting the error.

Regards,

James Mohr
Systembetrieb
ELAXY Business Solution & Services GmbH & Co. KG.
Am Hofbräuhaus 1
96450 Coburg
Germany
Fon +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.0
Fax +49 (0) 95 61.55 43.300
E-Mail: james.mohr@xxxxxxxxx
"Be more concerned with your character than with your
reputation. Your character is what you really are while
your reputation is merely what others think you are." --
John Wooden